Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I'm TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness...where do I begin with the apologies?! I'm not even going to go there - I'm terrible at this "blog" thing, I knew it from the start - but I HAVE to get it together!!! I'm going to recap for you as best as I can...

We had a WONDERFUL doctor's appointment on March 6 (I know, that's a month ago...) where the doctors assured us that we have a very healthy baby GIRL growing inside!!! Yep, that's right...we're having a little girl!! She is wiggly as can be, healthy as can be, and she's definitely a "hamburger" (turtle would be the term for boy...you figure it out). We got to see the chambers in her heart, her brain, her arms, fingers, toes, legs...it was truly amazing! We even got 16 pictures to take home with us!!! Matt and I went to the appointment dressed in blue - we had told our students that we would wear the color of our baby to school after the morning appointment - simply because if we had to pick, we were thinking a boy. We had to wear something to the appointment, so we picked blue shirts. When we got the wonderful news of the little girl, we got into the van, changed from blue to pink (we both brought a change of clothes...just in case) and couldn't wipe the smile off our faces all day long! That same day, a great friend of mine from school had gone around that morning to all the teachers in the building, asking them what they thought the sex of our baby was going to be. She gave them a beaded necklace to match the color of their guess! There were LOTS of boy guesses (including me!)...but I wore those bright pink beads and pink shirt with pride!!! It was such an exhilarating day - we were proud parents of a little GIRL!!!!!!!

The following week was spring break. I went to Michigan for most of the week to celebrate with friends and family. We were thinking it was going to be the last time I would get up there before the little one was born, so that's why the family/friends thought it smart to throw some early showers. They threw me THREE fabulous showers! Wow, are those fun! Sharon (my mother-in-law) was also able to fly in on Thursday to celebrate with me. It was so great to have her there. My dear friends Kasey and Laura threw me a "friends" shower on Thursday night. We laughed all night. It was so fun to start off the experience with them. They are such special people to me - and I will never forget my very first baby shower. Then on Friday night, I had a really wonderful shower thrown for me by Joyce (my step-mom). That shower was incredibly special to me because it was such a wonderful group of people...ladies from church that knew me when I was a baby, family that drove in from out of town to be there, people that played really important roles in my young life were there...it was really special. We stayed up all night talking and enjoying the evening. It was a beautiful shower. Then, on Saturday morning, my mom and aunts threw me a shower. That too was incredibly special. It was so neat to share the experience with aunts, cousins, grandma, and other family. The food was delicious and the company was even better! I loved each shower for different reasons. It was a whirlwind week and a lot was crammed into those few short days, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. I wouldn't have traded that week for anything - to spend time with family and friends - it doesn't get better than that.

We had another doctor's appointment on March 24. At that appointment we were just supposed to have an office visit. Well, a "mistake" on their part was a bonus for us! We went in and had another full measurement sonogram where they measured her, checked her vital organs and body parts (yes, she's still a girl!), printed off lots more pictures...basically, we got another double check that everything is healthy and growing strong! Needless to say, we didn't complain one bit!! The more technicians and doctors that look her over and "approve her status", the better!! So, we were tickled to be able to see our precious little angel again. All was well!

Now, we're pretty much caught up...
I don't have any pictures to import right now - I left our camera in Michigan over spring break. Can I blame that on being pregnant? Those that really know me would probably say "no, that's too typical" - but hey, I'll use an excuse if I have one! :) But we have been taking "growing tummy" pictures and I will certainly upload ultrasound pictures of our little angel as soon as I can. I am currently 22 weeks along - and loving every minute of it. The joy I feel with this little one is unlike anything I've ever experienced before. She is a blessing and I am thankful every day for her gift of life. Now I just can't wait to meet her...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Your joy is contagious...thank you for sharing this journey! I can't wipe the smile off of my face...and I can picture it on yours! I am overjoyed for both of you...you will be amazing parents! Your lil girl is already bringing joy to so many lives...children are a treasure given by God...enjoy every minute! So happy for you!!!

Amy Hayward