Saturday, June 12, 2010

10 Months...Double Digits!

I was not planning on writing a separate blog entry for Siena's 10-month birthday...but she is doing so much these days! It's amazing how quickly she's picking up on things and learning new adventures. :)
Siena is eating lots of fun foods. She finally gets to eat yogurt, meat, and even table foods now. I love the idea that she can eat what I'm eating. It really is so much nicer. I'm kind of over the pureeing every single thing I come across to see if she likes it or not. :) She's a huge fan of avocado and watermelon. She chows down on her puffs, bits of cheese, loves her water from the sippy cup, and is super curious about food.
Her personality is totally blossoming. It's absolutely amazing to see her grow, learn, and try new things. She is still saying "momma" and "dadda" and lots of other little sounds. But we're also finding that just because she's not talking she is still communicating big time. She knows the signs for "milk" and "more" (very important vocabulary is a child's life!!) and she blows kisses, gives kisses and hugs, gives high fives, opens and closes doors, turns light switches on and off, and laughs and smiles all the time. She is also majorly into pointing. She points at everything!! She points to where she wants to go, we take her there, she touches what it is she wanted to see, and then points to the next thing.
Siena is also very mobile. She puts her head down and crawls at super speeds. She pulls up and walks along things like it's nothing. She even lets go occasionally and trys her hand at standing by herself. I think her record is about 15 seconds! :) With our help, she walks all over the place. She takes her little walker and goes all over the place. It's really great to see her with such determination to get to the places she wants to go.
She is also at the age that she is learning what she wants. She makes it very clear when she's happy and when she's not. When she's not tired, she's not going to sleep, regardless of how tired she is. When she's after a toy, she goes after it. If she wants something that I take from her, she is very clear about how upset she is. :) I hate to admit it, but I think she's getting some of her stubbornness from her mother...oops. :)
As Siena gets older, it's so special to watch her interact with others. She doesn't know a stranger and she is pretty good about going to see just about anyone. She shows her affection for others and as a mom, I really start to feel her love me back. That's a special feeling.
Here's our little angel out on the back porch...man, she looks old...


Her "cheeseball" smile - meaning: when she knows people are looking at her or taking pictures of her, she pulls out the "I'm cute" smile and milks it for all its worth!


One of the many million points in her little lifetime...


A very happy little girl.


If we say, "Where'd he go?", she puts her arms up and shrugs her shoulders...

No comments: