Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall Fun

This weather is amazing! It's the perfect time to be outside...sweatshirt weather in the evening and sunglasses and short sleeves during the day. You can smell fall coming - and it's wonderful.
About a month ago, I celebrated my 28th birthday. I love to celebrate birthdays, and it was no exception this year! I had a very special surprise for lunch that day...Matt and Siena for lunch guests! Then, Matt treated me to a WONDERFUL dinner downtown. Siena went to play with Linda and JD while we went to Skies Restaurant - the one that rotates at the top of the Hyatt downtown. We had never been there before and it was such a treat! We felt so cool going out on a school night...and stayed out way past our bedtime. :) It was really fun. A much needed break and treat.

A couple of weeks ago, we took Siena to the Fall Fun Fest in Blue Springs. It was fun to walk around, eat a few Timmy Burgers, and see kids from school. It was really hot that afternoon, so we didn't stay too long, but enough to get the feel and atmosphere! Siena seems to be obsessed with "Baaa" (balloons) lately. Every time we go into the grocery store or a shop with balloons, she is immediately drawn to them. Because we have all had birthdays within the past couple of months, there have been a lot of balloons in the house too. So, to Siena's delight, she got a free balloon at Fall Fun Fest. Made her day.



Football has given us the opportunity to enjoy the outdoor weather. Friday nights are meant to be spent outside! Siena has loved running around, meeting all kinds of new friends. It doesn't allow her mother the opportunity to watch a whole lot of the games, but we are both there supporting Daddy! Up until this point, we haven't needed jackets and blankets, but that time may be coming! It sure is fun. It helps when we see Matt so happy too...that's half the fun. After the games, Siena runs around on the field, giving high fives to the players...and Daddy. :)
A couple of days ago, I got out of school at a decent time, so Siena and I played outside on the deck. The weather is perfect and she loves to be outside. What a little personality she has grown into - the many faces of Siena...








A not-so-fun part of fall so far has been Siena's first time getting sick. Last Thursday, I picked her up from Grandma and Grandpa's house to find her pretty clingy and whiney. She had a temperature too. I got home and gave her some Tylenol and I thought that fixed the problem. She woke up the next morning, not feeling all that well. Matt took the day off to be with his baby girl...which I don't think he was sad about at all. :) They had a good day together, and she definitely enjoyed Daddy's company. She was in and out of temperatures during the day. When I got her about 4:00 Friday afternoon, it went downhill quickly. She did not leave my arms all night. Her temperature peeked at 104 and she was miserable. She could hardly keep her eyes open, hardly took her head off my shoulder, and if she wasn't sleeping, she was just moaning. I felt so bad for her! I just layed with her on the couch, cuddling her and trying to get her to feel better. She didn't want to eat or drink much. She was breathing like she just ran 10 miles. Poor baby. I took her to Urgent Care on Saturday morning to find that she had a double ear infection and major teething. Double whammy. She got some antibiotics and Pedialyte and a lot of TLC. We just cuddled and relaxed all weekend. She still ran a fever for most of the weekend, but her appetite increased and she gradually gained more energy. It forced us to slow down and just stay home. For that, I was very greatful.
It was definitely a love-hate thing. I hated seeing her miserable and not feeling well. All you want to do is kiss it and make it better. It's hard to see them like that...especially when they are young, helpless, and can't really tell you what hurts or doesn't feel good. That all being said, I loved having SIena curled up in my arms. I haven't had her in my arms for that long since she was itty bitty. To feel her nuzzled up against me or holding me tight - the best feeling ever.
She went to Grandpa and Grandma's house on Monday morning, only to find that she had gotten a huge rash all over her tummy and chest. Took her to the doctor Monday afternoon to find that it was one of two things - an allergic reaction to the medicine or a viral infection showing itself in the form of a rash. She was taken off the meds (because her ears looked pretty good already!) and we are to be watching the rash. If it goes right away, it was the meds. If it lingers a little more and gradually goes away, it was the infection. We're still waiting to see for sure, but we're hoping it's the infection! Don't want a reaction to the antibiotics!
So far, a great fall. A very busy fall...but a great one. Siena is the highlight of my days, the smile I need, and the blessing I am greatful for. She is loving life, running all over the place, and growing up before our very eyes. Sure do love that girl!! :)

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love the pictures that show the many faces of Siena! She is so stickin' cute! AND smart with all of her sign language!