Tuesday night after school, Matt, Siena and I drove back to Michigan to visit the family. We were anxious to get there and spend some much-needed time with family and friends. We finally made it to GR by 3am and crashed the second we hit the pillow. Wednesday morning we spent some time with my mom, allowing her to get a little "Siena fix". About noon that day, Matt, Siena, Emilie and I met Joyce's brother at a local airport and he flew us down to St. Petersburg, Florida to spend Thanksgiving with Joyce's family.
When we arrived in Florida, we were welcomed by lots of the family! We all stayed in a gorgeous house right on the water. Joyce's other brother and sister-in-law were gracious enough to host all of us - and it was wonderful! We went swimming, went to the beach, ate wonderful food, stayed overnight in a beautiful yacht, and had a great time with family...all in a very short time. We flew back on the plane Thursday afternoon after Thanksgiving meal. It was a very short, but very sweet stay...and we are super grateful for the opportunity to be down there and spend time with wonderful people. (Not to mention that it was 80 degrees and picture-perfect weather...a wonderful little break from the chilly weather we have up north!) As a side note, Siena loved the warm weather and the company! She enjoyed the water, the sand between her toes, throwing her YaYa in the pool to see if he could swim (he can't!), running around with all the kids, and spending time with her Oma, Opa, and Auntie Em. (Siena didn't so much like to sleep when we were all exhausted, but whatever...we'll let it slide...we were in Florida, for pete's sake.)
The beautiful home we stayed in...


Our "humble abode" for the evening.
Siena and the beach got along VERY well...then again, who doesn't get along with the beach very well???




After getting back to Michigan Thanksgiving evening, we drove straight to my aunt and uncle's house for the rest of the holiday. I can't say enough how wonderful it is to spend time with family. It was relaxing, entertaining, filling, and fun. I think I stayed in my PJs most of the time, but that's half the fun! We played cards, watched football, ate constantly, and really...just hung out. Everyone loved playing with Siena - and she didn't mind all the attention one bit. It truly is special for me to see my cousins and family with Siena - it brings me back to when I was little and how I used to adore them and want to be with them all the time. Special moments.
After getting back to Michigan Thanksgiving evening, we drove straight to my aunt and uncle's house for the rest of the holiday. I can't say enough how wonderful it is to spend time with family. It was relaxing, entertaining, filling, and fun. I think I stayed in my PJs most of the time, but that's half the fun! We played cards, watched football, ate constantly, and really...just hung out. Everyone loved playing with Siena - and she didn't mind all the attention one bit. It truly is special for me to see my cousins and family with Siena - it brings me back to when I was little and how I used to adore them and want to be with them all the time. Special moments.
Can you tell I love the delicious drink that Ken made me?
Siena got a little treat - licking the spatula...homemade whipped cream!!

Friday night, I had my 10 year high school reunion. Can't believe it. In a way, I feel like I've been out of high school forever, and then again...not really. I wasn't really planning on going until the last minute. I figured I might regret not going, so might as well. I really am glad that we went. It was really nice to see friends and people that I really haven't seen in 10 years. I won the award (a green and gold shot) for traveling the farthest to get there - Thanksgiving and family had nothing to do with that drive up to Michigan...it was all for the reunion. :) Matt and I mingled for a couple hours, made small talk with lots of people, and then we were both ready to get back to family.

Siena got a little treat - licking the spatula...homemade whipped cream!!
Friday night, I had my 10 year high school reunion. Can't believe it. In a way, I feel like I've been out of high school forever, and then again...not really. I wasn't really planning on going until the last minute. I figured I might regret not going, so might as well. I really am glad that we went. It was really nice to see friends and people that I really haven't seen in 10 years. I won the award (a green and gold shot) for traveling the farthest to get there - Thanksgiving and family had nothing to do with that drive up to Michigan...it was all for the reunion. :) Matt and I mingled for a couple hours, made small talk with lots of people, and then we were both ready to get back to family.

When we came home, my uncle was at the bar, perfecting his latest concoction. We all played cards, stayed up late, and laughed a lot. Does it get much better? And, it's really nice when you have about 25 hands that are willing to watch and play with Siena...takes a little of the pressure off of following her everywhere in an unfamiliar house. Everyone's happy!
Saturday afternoon was our annual family flag football game. It was really cold that afternoon, so we all bundled up in whatever we could find and headed out for a little friendly competition. I must say, there is some serious talent in our gene pool. I'm just saying, I would totally draft any of them. Age means nothing!! That being said, someone had to win...see for yourself who the winners were...
Hard core competition:

Drum roll, please...celebrating with champagne!

Sunday morning came and we had to head back to Missouri. It's never fun driving back home after such a wonderful holiday and break. But these holidays are so special. I so badly want my family to really KNOW Siena...and I think they (and we) got that over Thanksgiving. Super thankful for all of them. And especially thankful for Matt and Siena, the two people who mean everything to me.

Drum roll, please...celebrating with champagne!
Sunday morning came and we had to head back to Missouri. It's never fun driving back home after such a wonderful holiday and break. But these holidays are so special. I so badly want my family to really KNOW Siena...and I think they (and we) got that over Thanksgiving. Super thankful for all of them. And especially thankful for Matt and Siena, the two people who mean everything to me.



No comments:
Post a Comment