Siena does not know a stranger. We love that about her - and yet we need to keep our eye on her. She will go up and talk with anyone...or pull up little girls' skirts because they are pretty. She puts a smile on any face. She is sweet and outgoing and headstrong.
We are still potty training. We've actually taken a couple of steps back. When we first started during the Blizzard, she caught on quick and was all about it. Just when I thought we were close enough to start trying overnight without a diaper, she decided she wasn't interested so much. I hear this is normal, but I'm not a fan. I think she's just choosing not to do it. That little stinker. We still have plenty of success - and I probably shouldn't complain - but I just want her to get it!! We'll get there...
Siena is talking up a storm. She is putting 2 and 3 word sentences together, which is so cool to listen to! She tries to pronounce every word we throw at her and rarely do Matt and I not understand what she is talking about. Now, it's a matter of limiting the "mine!" and "no-no!" and remembering the "please" and "thank you" and "love you"! Some of the favorite words and phrases right now:
- "cuse me" (excuse me) - if she burps, toots, coughs, sneezes, or wants you to move out of her way...
- "bonk" - she loves to make it very aware to everyone when she bonks her head, knee, arm, whatever. Even if it happened 8 hours ago. And to fix the problem...she licks her finger and rubs her bonk out. (She saw me do that to get red pen off my hand one day. She thought that was to fix a scratch.)
- "poka-dot" (polka-dot) - she is obsessed with Minnie's bow and the dots on them.
- "neeky" (sneaky) - she likes to walk on her tip toes and sneak up on people...however, she can't stay quiet long enough to really scare anyone. :)
- "hop ike uh bunny" (hope like a bunny) - just in time for Easter...
- "peeka-up peez" (pick me up, please) - really quite sweet.
- "Go Jayce" - every runner we see outside is titled this. One of Matt's hurdlers is named Jayce and when we go to a track meet, that's all we say. That has become routine at home now too.
She loves to eat. Her favorite thing these days is fruit. She loves watermelon, grapes, blueberries, bananas, corn, edamame, yogurt, naked nuggets, meat and cheese sandwiches, mac and cheese, spaghetti, cereal, cookies, "Georgie fruit snacks"...just about anything we're eating, she wants a bite too. You can tell her appetite is doing her some good...she's still got just the biggest poochy stomach. It's really funny, actually.
I suppose I could write on here forever. Every day is filled with moments I don't ever want to forget. I know I'm going to look back someday and wish that I had written every single second down. What can I do?
I guess I can end this blog entry with a random couple of photos that I just want to be in here somehow...so, might as well make it as random as possible. Here's the Burrito Buddies, Siena and Brady...




No comments:
Post a Comment