We were in town for the holiday weekend of the Fourth. It was a treat to have all of Matt's family in town...we got to spend time together doing all kids of fun things. Matt's cousin Lisa put together some really fun little activities for the kids and it was sweet to see them all get into it. Who says face painting, tattoos, washers, glow-in-the-dark finger lights, and fireworks are just for the big-time carnivals!? Hello, Marble family!
Siena LOVES her cousins! She always prays for "Eye-ack" (Isaac), "Kay-ah" (Kayla), and "An-roo" (Andrew). More recently she's been obsessed with "Baby Way-gan" (Raegan) and "Jack-in" (Jaxon). We had to remind Siena that Raegan is still a little baby - not a toy baby doll - and she can't handle Siena bear hugs and hands all over her face...yet. Between the company and the pool, Siena was happy as a clam. We were pretty happy too.
Siena got to pick what she wanted to have painted on her face. Why am I not surprised she picked a PINK flower. If it's pink, she's happy.
Told ya...she's very happy showing off that new addition to her cheek.
Now this picture makes me laugh every time I think about it. A true swimmer on our hands. Seriously? Pink baby goggles?! Leave it to Grandma to find the perfect thing for her! Hilarious.
Speaking of swimming, I'm pretty sure Siena might start growing gills. She is a fish. From day one, Matt has not let her have the option when it comes to swimming. Not in a mean way, but just showing her the water, playing with her in it, and doing things with her that she has learned to LOVE. And when I say love, I mean loovvveee. As of now, she is going to the bottom of the pool and picking up rings (and coming up saying, "Missed one!" if she didn't get them all on the first dive down to the bottom), she's running and jumping into the pool (even off a diving board), Matt's flipping her in the air and scooping her out of the water when she lands, and she's even starting to grasp the concept of putting her head down in the water and trying to swim. I am just amazed. Her and Matt have so much fun in the pool. I love swimming with her too, but I'm not daring enough to do the things with her that Matt does. I'll just cheer and clap for her from a nice raft floating in the sunshine. Is that so wrong?! :)
Watching the fireworks in the driveway...Siena was telling everyone to "be careful!" She really like the fireworks but she liked to be near someone when one went off. Can't blame her.
Some of the cool pictures caught while doing the glow-in-the-dark finger lights! Great find, Lisa!!

No comments:
Post a Comment