Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"Moving" Right Along

Well, it's official...we have made it into the 3rd trimester! I can't believe how quickly this has all gone! It's amazing to think that it was over 6 months ago that we found out we were pregnant...oh, how things have changed in just those 6 months. For some reason, I don't think the changes are going to stop any time soon. :)
Siena is a free spirit, I can tell that already. She LOVES to make herself known...and I love it! Ever since mid-March, I've been able to experience one of the most amazing things I have ever felt...our little angel move! I came home from Michigan on March 14, and from then on, it was official...it wasn't just gas...it was really her. :) It truly is one of the best feelings in the world. To feel her move and wiggle each day is one of the biggest blessings for me right now - it's reassurance that she's doing alright and content to just "play around" inside. At first they were little and I had to question each time whether or not it was her. Now, not only can Matt feel her kicks, we can SEE them poking around in my tummy! I wouldn't mind if she did it constantly all day long - I love it so much. One of my most favorite times right now is when Matt and I are curled up in bed and he will wrap his arm around me and put his hand on my tummy. It's a morning and night ritual. She likes to wake up with us in the morning and she'll say her "good nights" to us at night before we fall asleep. It's quite a neat bonding experience for me (and Matt too). I know it means a great deal to him because he can finally "feel" her. He isn't lucky enough to have an itchy stomach or heartburn (thank God for Tums!) or this weird growing "baby bump" coming off his stomach to remind him she's here! HA! :)
Little Siena also likes to play games. For about a week, she was MUCH quieter than she had been in the past. I was used to her moving at certain times - in the morning, during my plan time, after lunch, after dinner, and at night before bed. She was super active. Apparently, she wanted to take a little time off and scare the mess out of her parents. I called the doctor to reassure myself that everything was okay. That lasted a couple of days and when she still wasn't back to "normal", I couldn't take it any more. My emotions and hormones were both completely at their peak, and I couldn't keep it together. I was so worried about her and all I could think about was her and the fact that she wasn't moving like she normally was. So, I called the doctor again, in tears, because I was petrified that our little one wasn't okay. They were wonderful enough to allow Matt and I to go down and see her - to make sure all was okay. So, when we were able to physically see her little heart beating away and her little limbs kicking away, our minds and hearts were truly put to rest.
Since then, she's been making up for lost time. She apparently realized she scared us so she's making herself very known - and I am so thankful!! She has been a moving machine lately! At the movies this past weekend, she was out of control! She loves the loud music and sounds, I guess. I thought she was going to break through my stomach and have a seat on my lap she was moving around so much! She also loves the cowbells at church - she wiggles around every time someone shakes them. (Yes, we have a church that uses cowbells to show their "approval" of things! I guess you have to be there and know Joey???) At school, I find myself in the middle of teaching, with my hand on my tummy, feeling her kick away. The kids also love to put their hands on my tummy and say "hello" to her. I can't get enough of it! In fact, I might miss it once she arrives...

5 comments:

Mary Ludwig said...

Yes, that baby moving around in there is the BEST feeling ever! And yes, you will miss it! Enjoy this time.

Quick's said...

What a special blessing us mommies get to feel our little ones moving!! You will miss it, but just think you will be able to hold that little angel!! Enjoy all the moments!!

Johnsons said...

Those times together like that are so sweet! These are such amazing stages! I think each stage gets better, even when they are 16 months and pointing their little finger at you and telling you "no"! :)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your tummy soon! I've enjoyed reading your posts...makes me not feel like I've missed so much!
Love, Linds.

Unknown said...

Very fun, and Mary is right, you will miss it so enjoy this now. Oh, and ice cream is also a very good cure for heartburn :)
Amie