On Sunday morning, I was woken up with a sweet little tap on my shoulder...and breakfast in bed! Matt made me eggs, toast, cereal, and orange juice! Man, he knows the way to my heart - with food! And these days, I don't miss a breakfast, so it was wonderful to get food before I even got out of bed! What a treat. I took my time getting ready for church, and all the while, I had little butterflies in my stomach - I actually get to celebrate this day now!!
While I was getting ready, Matt told me he had another little surprise for me...ooh, I love surprises! I had to go into Siena's room to find the surprise. I searched around a little, and to my surprise, I found a little box underneath our fluffy little friend Franklin (the huge furry duck) laying in Siena's crib. I got a little excited at the sight of a "little box" - as we women do - but I wasn't sure what to expect. I opened it up...and well, here's what I saw:
It is HOPEFULLY our little Siena's birthstone! What a precious gift - I was so excited! A beautiful peridot stone - August's birthstone. When Matt bought it, he knew it was a little bit of a risk, because really she could be born in July, but with an August 10 due date, we're just going to hope that the 2 week cushion will be enough to keep the stone! :) And, if she decides to arrive a little early, then I'll just show my love for my husband - he for sure was born in August!! :) Either way, the thought was what really mattered, and I wear that necklace with pride - for my little one and for my family!
At church, we were given a Mother's Prayer. It now hangs on my mirror and I read it every day. The line that really hits me right now is, "...thank you for entrusting this child into my care..." I think about that line a lot. I think about Siena all the time and I am constantly aware of her and wanting to make sure she is okay, healthy, and happy. God has given Matt and I this little angel to care for - and I am so blessed to be able to care for her. God help us as we continue on the journey!
I have not ever thought of Mother's Day like I did this past Mother's Day. What a special day it is - a tribute, really, to all the mothers and the love shared between family. It's an honor to be a part of this "group" now and to be able to celebrate being a mom. I am one happy, blessed mama. :)
3 comments:
This brought tears to my eyes! Maybe it's the hormones, I don't know, but loved that you had such a marvelous mother's day! Matt is a keeper! Great job!
congratulations on your first mothers day. I'm glad it was so special.you are looking adorable. LOVE the necklace. He did great. keep enjoying!!
How exciting to celebrate your first Mother's Day! Sounds like Matt did well and made sure you were well taken care of! I'm so excited for you all and to meet Ms. Siena!! The necklace is beautiful and way to find an alternative if needed for the birthstone. :)
Love you girl!
Janelle
Post a Comment