Saturday, August 15, 2009

Siena Grace Marble



Well, it's official...our little angel has arrived! Siena Grace came to meet us on August 10 at 5:36pm. She weighs in at 7 lbs. 13 oz. and is 20 inches long. She is the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on, if I'm being honest (and not biased, of course)!! It has been a wonderful experience.
Matt and I went to the hospital at 4:30am on Monday morning because I was having contractions that were close together and fairly intense. They observed me for a bit to make sure I could stay and at 6am, we were admitted. I really didn't want to be the patient that was sent home because I wasn't even close...and I wasn't! :) For the next several hours, Matt and I just hung out in the room and listened to music, chatted, walked around, and just got more and more excited to meet Siena. When the contractions were getting pretty strong and I became dilated to a 5, the doctor said I should get my epidural - so I did! Boy, does that make the contractions easier! From then on it was just the waiting game. And fortunately, she didn't take her sweet little time! At 4pm I started hard labor. That was a special experience for me as I had been so curious about what that would be like. An hour and a half later, little Siena Grace was born.
For the first hour of her life, Matt and I were able to spend it alone with just her in the room. We cried, we laughed, we stared, we smiled...we just tried to wrap our minds around the fact that this little precious baby is finally here - and all ours. She's amazing. She has a TON of dark hair - to any surprise? She has all her little fingers and toes and she has a set of lungs on her that can't be denied! :) After that hour, and over the course of the next 2 days, we had over 40 people come and see her. Lots of people love that little girl already!!
Now, today, she is already one week old. I love her so very much. She and I have bonded in a wonderful way already. It still chokes me up when I talk about MY daughter - I have a daughter! And speaking of bonding, Matt brings tears to my eyes when I watch him with her. He is the most amazing father - and it's absolutely natural on him. He has done so well with her and she loves him very much. It's a special thing to watch your husband and daughter together. I know that will only continue to grow and strengthen as the weeks and years go by.
Stay tuned for further thoughts! (Although, I can't promise when that will be - my track record hasn't been all that great!) :)

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Adri,
I am so excited to meet little Siena! She is completely BEAUTIFUL...which is no surprise. I am incredibly happy for you and Matt - the joys of parenthood are boundless. Congratulations from the bottom of my heart!!'
Love, Tracy

Johnsons said...

She is absolutely beautiful! We are so excited for you guys and can't wait to come and see her and you guys ;) again!

Quick's said...

So excited for you guys!! It is such an amazing time!! Enjoy every minute, even those cries. It is fun to watch Daddy's with their little girls!! Hope to meet Siena soon.
Matt & Romy

Tiff said...

She is just the most beautiful baby ever! We are all so happy for you, Matt and Siena. We are looking forward to being able to meet your little sweetheart! Jack says "Congratulations!!!" Lauren says "She sure is cute!"
Love,
The Gillig Family

Mary Ludwig said...

So precious!! Congrats!! And after all of our talk the night before at the KidsQuest meeting, I'm so glad to hear that everything went smoothly!!

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

She is absolutely breath taking! What a blessing she is. What an amazing God we have! WE can't wait to see her at work. :)