Saturday, September 5, 2009

Oh, the Joys...

Whether I believe it or not, I have an almost month-old baby on my hands! Wow! Time sure flies by when you're having fun, that's for sure! It has been so great spending the days with Siena. We don't do a whole lot - but I sure look at her and hold her often! That's enough for me. :)
Over the past few weeks, Matt and I have gotten a pretty good grasp of what we're doing - all thanks to Siena. She has been such a great little baby. (I'm thinking even if she cried all the time and wasn't so great, I would still say this - but really, she is good!) At her 2 week appointment, she topped the scales at 8 lbs. 12 oz.!!! I gave an instant, "Whoa, is that normal?" reaction - Siena, in 2 weeks, gained almost a pound (22 oz. if you count her dropped birth weight)! I was assured that she was great and is just a really good eater! That being said, our pediatrician said because of her great weight, I could let her sleep up to 6 hours at a time during the night! Hello!! That translates as MOM gets to sleep 6 hours at night too - can you say spoiled?! So, she feeds every 3 hours during the day and then after her midnight feeding we don't eat again till 6! A real treat.
We have had lots of visitors stop by and see sweet Siena - which has been wonderful! It's always nice to have company stop by - that way I get my adult fix in too. Many wonderful people from our church have graciously dropped off meals for us too. I never realized what a treat that is. What I love most about it is that it gives Matt and I that much more time together with Siena. I don't have to worry about food and we can just spend time as a family in the evening...that's what makes the meals so special.
Matt and I have attempted a few baths with Siena too. I think it's fair to assume that a fly on the wall would have pure entertainment at watching us bathe our little one. The first time, we filled the mini tub up way too much and we had water absolutely everywhere in the kitchen. Between a slippery baby and water everywhere - it was a quick little bath, to say the least. We were laughing the whole time...which didn't make it any easier. Poor Siena just had to sit there and put up with us!
Siena has been daddy's #1 fan as she has been to all 4 preseason and regular season football games so far. She's a trooper and seems to love to loud crowd and music at the games. We have a great little system in play: we feed at home, get to the game right at the beginning, go to the van and feed during halftime, and then watch the rest of the game and go on the field after the game to see daddy. It really works out well - and Siena loves the little pouch that she sits in!
Other than that, we have just been enjoying life. I can't tell you how much I love life these days - she fills them with so much joy and entertainment. I love that little girl so much, it's amazing...
Here's a couple of pictures over the past couple of weeks:

With all that hair on her head, we have fun messing with it - it's so hard to keep your hands out of it! She's a good sport...

We sent daddy a hug at work the other day - this is her attempt at an "air hug"! :)

Sweet Siena...sleeping peacefully.

Siena and her daddy...my most favorite time of the day - watching the two of them together.

3 comments:

Mary Ludwig said...

Love the pics- sooo cute!! It's so fun having a new baby & being mom! Bathtime is always interesting, you'll get the hang of it. Talk to you soon!

Johnsons said...

So sweet to hear the updates! I'm so impressed that she has been to all the games! Even more impressed with your bravery of taking her! You three are the cutest little family!

bargefamily3 said...

It's great to hear how things are going at home! Sounds like she is pretty perfect!! It's great you are taking her to the games, we did that with Abbi as much as we could when she was younger and the loudness doesn't bother her like it does some kids. :)

I can't wait to come over and meet her!