Friday, September 25, 2009

Smile!

There is just nothing sweeter than a child's smile and laugh. That's what got me through my workday as a teacher and that's what makes my day with sweet little Siena. She is starting to make little "cooing" sounds, which are few and far between right now, but I know they're coming! But I'm telling you...the smile gets me every time. And I'm proud to say - I think she is actually starting to smile at me now! You see, since we saw the very first smile (that wasn't from gas) the only thing that could make her smile automatically was the ceiling fan! That's right - not me, not Matt, the boring old spinning ceiling fan. It cracks me up! I'll lay her under the fan and she is set - she thinks that thing is the best thing ever! Who needs toys?! But now she will smile at me, which I take as a great compliment - I'm almost as cool as the fan! What a treat! It makes me wonder what goes through her head when she smiles these days. I guess, who cares at this point! I'll take those smiles every day, all day long. It just melts my heart to see her little face and cheeks light up with the biggest smile.
Here's a few pictures of her, smiling away...


3 comments:

peteranddebi said...

can't wait to see that smile--she looks like she is ready to laugh out loud.

Johnsons said...

That is a huge smile! Love it!

Tiff said...

Jack says,
Siena looks sooooooooooooooo cute! To bad I didn't smile like that (well I smiled just not as cute!!) Can't wait to meet her little face in person!

Your friend,
Jack