Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

I had the most wonderful day on Friday...and I just have to share. I know this blog is centered around Siena - and she is certainly much more interesting than we are - but without us, there would be no blog about Siena...so I guess it all works out in the end. :)
Friday, December 11, Matt and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary! Yep, 5 years have come and gone! And I must say this, as "mushy and cheezy and disgusting" as it sounds...it's hard to remember life without Matt. He is the most wonderful husband. I love him dearly and am blessed to have him by my side as we start our family with a precious baby girl. He is patient, understanding, loving, supportive, hilarious, thoughtful, giving, and surprising. He makes me better and I am blessed to be able to spend the rest of my life with him.
Okay, enough of that...on to the day.
We woke up Friday morning and the three of us went to First Watch (a delicious restaurant that has great food) for breakfast. You can't go wrong when you start out your day with a good omelet! Then, we went to Matt's parent's house and dropped Siena off at the "babysitter" for the day. Then, we went and had massages at a great little place in Lee's Summit. Both Matt and I don't spoil ourselves very often with a treat like this, so it was fun to do together. After we were nice and relaxed, we went back home to get ready for the rest of our day. Then, it was off to the Plaza. It was a beautiful, sunny, cold December day...perfect for walking downtown together. We did some window shopping, some actual shopping, and just enjoyed walking around the Plaza. We had early dinner reservations at 5:00 at Fogo de Chao, a fabulous Brazilian restaurant that is just the most delicious food you could imagine. We enjoyed a 2 1/2 hour dinner together...good conversation and lots of laughs. It was good to look back over the past few years and remember the great moments that have shaped our marriage. We have been very blessed. We have experienced really high highs and really low lows...all of them together...all of them making up who we are right now.
I look forward to spending the next 55+ years with Matt...

PS. Yes, it was as good as it looks...if not better. :)

1 comment:

Johnsons said...

So sweet! What a fun day! Congratulations!!!