Thursday, February 18, 2010

Feed Me!!

Siena has finally been introduced to the wonderful world of food! I think "me milk" was getting a little boring to her...so we're spicing things up with a little rice cereal! (I know, watch out...big flavor there!) Matt and I decided we wanted to wait to feed Siena solid foods until she was 6 months old. She has been very content with the "me milk" thus far and well...it's free! So, might as well take advantage of that...it won't last long, I'm sure!
She was ultra curious about all of it. I put her in her high chair, strapped a bib on her, and away we went! She didn't really make any gross or weird faces, but she did give a rather puzzled look as to what that could possibly be in her mouth. What I thought was the funniest part was the fact that she already was proving her independent nature - she wanted to do it all herself. From the very first spoonful, I had to hold her hands down so I could get the spoon near her mouth! Cracked me up. After the first few bites, I gave her the spoon and let her experiment. She knew right where that spoon went, that's for sure! She would get really excited and squeal "da, da, da" and little projectiles got me in the face. I'll let it slide right now while she's learning...but after that, it's on! :) I don't know what most babies eat their first go around, but she almost ate the entire little bowl of cereal. She was a champ! She really seemed to enjoy the food and she didn't mind that it got up her nose, in her hair, and behind her ears. :) That's all part of the fun of eating, right? Matt's still working on perfecting that part...ha! just kidding. :)
She's eating a couple bowls a day for right now. I am planning on making her baby food, so we're going to do the cereal bit for a few days and then introduce some fun flavors...bananas, avocados, squash...mmm, yum. I can't wait to see what that all looks like!
It's crazy to think that Siena is eating food already! She's getting to be such a big girl. It's fun to witness the little milestones in Siena's life. Their little bodies and minds are fascinating! She is still super content, super happy, and she certainly loves her daddy. Her latest "tricks" are: turning her head when she hears her name, rolling all over the place (both ways now!), sitting up with assistance, bringing everything to her mouth - even if she's just doing the motion with her hand to her mouth, squealing, laughing when tickled (and when she gets scared or when people jump around in front of her), and beginning to put her arms up when someone comes to pick her up. Another thing she has been doing lately which is very interesting to us is the backwards wave. Matt and I have been showing her the sign for milk/food before she eats. Basically, it's just the motion of milking the udder of a cow. Lately, she has been doing that a lot. We're not sure if she is copying us or if it is just a coincidence that she is making that hand motion. But all the time, she'll put her arm out and make that hand motion with her little fingers. It's super cute. Maybe we'll just say that she's super smart and is signing to us already that she wants food. :) Ha! Wishful thinking...
Life is good!!!




2 comments:

peteranddebi said...

did any of it get in her mouth :) another milestone---sure was fun to see you all. love mom

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...she is getting SO big...and SO ADORABLE!!!!! Enjoy ALL of the milestones....they are all great!!!