It's hard to think about all the things to write for this entry...I feel like there's a million things she's doing and it's been a long time since I've updated her "status". But I'll try my best at putting her in a nutshell for a minute and give some highlights.
I think we really lucked out and we don't have a picky eater. On any given day, she'll eat just about anything! Her absolute favorite right now: corn. But she eats naked nuggets, mac and cheese, beans, carrots, peas, pasta, bread, cheese, eggs, avocado, oatmeal, toast, bananas, yogurt, applesauce, graham crackers, craisins...really, just about everything. In fact, Grandpa fed her avocado sprinkled with pickle juice (Siena's request) the other day...now that is NOT hereditary! She has the biggest "poochy tummy" ever - very evident that she likes her food! :) It also helps that more and more teeth are coming in. She has her 4 front teeth and 2 molars on top and 4 bottom teeth and 2 molars on bottom. She needs them for all that food she puts in her face! Some fun bath pictures after a meal...
Siena is running around everywhere...truly. She doesn't walk anywhere. She trots. She still has a major "bow-legged, diaper walk" going on, but it doesn't slow her down for 2 seconds. She loves to explore and find things in cupboards and drawers. Best of all, she loves to empty them all and quickly move on to the next adventure - without taking notice of the tornado of things everywhere on the floor behind her! Figures! She is kind of obsessed with the trash. She loves to throw trash away, which is great, but then she finds new "treasures" to take out of the trash. Disgusting! She crawls up and down stairs with little problem. We still leave the gate up because, well, just because... :)
There are lots of favorites around the house. Siena is naturally a mother at heart. She cares for her babies as if they were alive. She feeds them, rocks them, talks to them, and carries them around everywhere. It really is funny how instinctive it is. She didn't learn that from either of us, except how we treat her. The first time she saw a baby, she just knew. God has wired girls to love on little babies! Ya-Ya is still the front runner and the animal she sleeps with every night. Ya-Ya has company now - her "kie". A purple furry blanket is with her every night when she goes to sleep. She has a toy puppy that she walks around the house. And just recently, Siena has decided to include ALL animals and babies in her daily activities. She lines them all up and they go everywhere. She strolls them around in her stroller, rocks them in her chair, puts them in the baby bed, all of it. Oh, and that baby Jesus from the nativity scene...was not packed away with the Christmas stuff. Baby Jesus still travels everywhere with Siena. As you are seeing, when we leave the house, there are at least 2 friends that go along with her and when she goes to bed at night, they ALL get kisses. (Part of that is a ploy to not got bed quite yet; the other part is she just loves them all!)
Here she is trying to fit all her friends AND herself into a bitty baby bed.
A pow-wow on the couch with all her buddies...
...which Daddy got to pick up and transport!


Now on to the best, and most progressed, part about Siena...her talking. I can't tell you how sweet it is to be able to understand her and ask her things - and she actually answers! The things that come out of her mouth and the things she does are pretty stinkin' hilarious! I know I'm not going to do it justice trying to type it up...you just have to spend time with her to get the full picture and personality! :)
Here are the things (that I can think of) that she is saying these days (I know I'm going to forget some):
- "Rock-a-baby" (she'll sit in a rocking chair and rock herself or her babies) - it might be my favorite thing at the moment that she says...it is precious!
- "Whoa baby" (it's so stinkin' cute when she says that! And she totally says it in the right settting - when she falls down, something cool happens, etc.)
- "Bucky" (monkey), "Elmo", "puppie" (for any dog), "book", "mana" (banana), "muk" (milk), "wata" (water), "cown" (corn), "nack" (snack), "Coe-kee" (cookie/Cookie Monster), "Oh-ee" (Zoe on Sesame Street), "fuh-ba" (football), "tak-oh" (tackle), "bah-ket-ba" (basketball), "toots" (passes gas), "bite" (bite), "nose", "eye", "teeth", "bow-bow" (elbow), "shoo" (shoe), "sok" (sock), "bite" (bright - when she sees the sun), "noh" (snow)
- "Momma", "Daddy", "Bapa" (Grandpa), "Gamma" (Grandma), "Em" (Auntie Emilie), "Aumma/Auppa" (Oma/Opa), "Gammie" (Grandma) "Way-ney" (Laney, her little BFF), Scott (Laney's dad), "Mat" (Mavrick), "Bye" (Bryce, her friend), "Baedie" (Brady, her friend), "Mandie" (Amanda, my dear friend and Bryce/Brady's mom), "Ruh-tee" (Rusty, Amanda's husband), "J-tee" (JD, Matt's uncle), "Inda" (Linda, Matt's aunt), "Poppy" (Matt's cousin's dog),
- "buh-bye", "hi", "wha-ree" (sorry), "go!", "no" (surprise there?), "yeah", "otch" (ouch), "peese" (please), "wuh-you" (love you), "uh-oh" (uh-oh), "ouwie" (ouwie), "stuck" (stuck), "row-row" (Row, Row, Row song),
- "Na-na" (Siena) - she has just recently given herself the name Na-na!!
Siena still sleeps very well! She's taking one nap in the afternoon and she goes to sleep at 8:00. Almost always she goes down right away and we don't hear from her till the morning. Every once in a while there's a little hiccup, but no complaints here!!
She has been really healthy too, knock on wood! She just recently got a little cold that bothered her some. Not enough for meds or doctor visits (thank you!), but enough to cramp her style a little for a few days.
To recap Siena's overall personality, I guess I would say that she is a loving little girl who always wants everyone to be a part of the action. She doesn't cuddle tons (that requires a slow in pace, which she doesn't do!) but you know she loves you. She loves giving kisses and hugs, high fives, and knuckles. She includes everyone in the room in what she does. If she gives a high five to one person, everyone is getting a high five. Same thing goes for just about anything. I hope that continues when she gets older and she makes everyone feel included and welcome, like she does now. She's almost always happy, which is a blessing. Her laugh is contagious and her smile is light. Her faces are hilarious!
Now on to the best, and most progressed, part about Siena...her talking. I can't tell you how sweet it is to be able to understand her and ask her things - and she actually answers! The things that come out of her mouth and the things she does are pretty stinkin' hilarious! I know I'm not going to do it justice trying to type it up...you just have to spend time with her to get the full picture and personality! :)
Here are the things (that I can think of) that she is saying these days (I know I'm going to forget some):
- "Rock-a-baby" (she'll sit in a rocking chair and rock herself or her babies) - it might be my favorite thing at the moment that she says...it is precious!
- "Whoa baby" (it's so stinkin' cute when she says that! And she totally says it in the right settting - when she falls down, something cool happens, etc.)
- "Bucky" (monkey), "Elmo", "puppie" (for any dog), "book", "mana" (banana), "muk" (milk), "wata" (water), "cown" (corn), "nack" (snack), "Coe-kee" (cookie/Cookie Monster), "Oh-ee" (Zoe on Sesame Street), "fuh-ba" (football), "tak-oh" (tackle), "bah-ket-ba" (basketball), "toots" (passes gas), "bite" (bite), "nose", "eye", "teeth", "bow-bow" (elbow), "shoo" (shoe), "sok" (sock), "bite" (bright - when she sees the sun), "noh" (snow)
- "Momma", "Daddy", "Bapa" (Grandpa), "Gamma" (Grandma), "Em" (Auntie Emilie), "Aumma/Auppa" (Oma/Opa), "Gammie" (Grandma) "Way-ney" (Laney, her little BFF), Scott (Laney's dad), "Mat" (Mavrick), "Bye" (Bryce, her friend), "Baedie" (Brady, her friend), "Mandie" (Amanda, my dear friend and Bryce/Brady's mom), "Ruh-tee" (Rusty, Amanda's husband), "J-tee" (JD, Matt's uncle), "Inda" (Linda, Matt's aunt), "Poppy" (Matt's cousin's dog),
- "buh-bye", "hi", "wha-ree" (sorry), "go!", "no" (surprise there?), "yeah", "otch" (ouch), "peese" (please), "wuh-you" (love you), "uh-oh" (uh-oh), "ouwie" (ouwie), "stuck" (stuck), "row-row" (Row, Row, Row song),
- "Na-na" (Siena) - she has just recently given herself the name Na-na!!
Siena still sleeps very well! She's taking one nap in the afternoon and she goes to sleep at 8:00. Almost always she goes down right away and we don't hear from her till the morning. Every once in a while there's a little hiccup, but no complaints here!!
She has been really healthy too, knock on wood! She just recently got a little cold that bothered her some. Not enough for meds or doctor visits (thank you!), but enough to cramp her style a little for a few days.
To recap Siena's overall personality, I guess I would say that she is a loving little girl who always wants everyone to be a part of the action. She doesn't cuddle tons (that requires a slow in pace, which she doesn't do!) but you know she loves you. She loves giving kisses and hugs, high fives, and knuckles. She includes everyone in the room in what she does. If she gives a high five to one person, everyone is getting a high five. Same thing goes for just about anything. I hope that continues when she gets older and she makes everyone feel included and welcome, like she does now. She's almost always happy, which is a blessing. Her laugh is contagious and her smile is light. Her faces are hilarious!
Her hair is crazy! Completely straight up front, all curls in the back (her version of a "business in the front, party in the back mullet" ha!). Her hair keeps falling into her eyes, and she won't keep bows in, so recently we have tried to pull it up with hair ties. You can see our progression...
She plays pretty well by herself and can keep herself occupied more and more. She reads books, loves to point things out on the pages, put things in and takes things out of containers...
The child also has a very strong head on her shoulders. Nothing passive about her AT ALL. (I confess, she comes by that naturally.) She voices her opinion very clearly and will let you know if she's not "havin' it"! She has been introduced to Time Out many a times. At this point, it consists of us sitting her on the ground, holding her arms, and counting to 10 (recently we've upped it to 20). After 20, she stands up, says sorry, and gives hugs and kisses. She actually seems to take to that pretty well. Don't get me wrong, she will go back and do it again (and again), but at least for a minute, she's sorry! :)
I feel like I could go on forever. I guess that's what Moms do. Just in writing this, I think over and over how lucky, how fortunate, and how blessed we are to be the parents of our sweet Siena. She means the world to Matt and me. She keeps us busy, on our toes, conscious of our actions, laughing, and most of all, enjoying life. We love you, sweet angel!
I feel like I could go on forever. I guess that's what Moms do. Just in writing this, I think over and over how lucky, how fortunate, and how blessed we are to be the parents of our sweet Siena. She means the world to Matt and me. She keeps us busy, on our toes, conscious of our actions, laughing, and most of all, enjoying life. We love you, sweet angel!
No comments:
Post a Comment