This stage of life is so fun. Her character is developing with each day and her personality is contagious. I can't begin to describe how much I love it and how much fun we have with her. I'm sure every mom says it and it's the cliche thing to say...you love each stage as much as the one before (if not more).
In Siena's short 18 months of life, she has taught me a lot about life. Of course I am filled with joy when I hold her and talk with her and play with her. But it's more than that. I learn from her what it looks like to be genuinely happy to see someone. I watch her face glow when she sees people or toys she loves. Her excitement and happiness for the little things in life stop me in my tracks. I need more of that in my life. I want the kind of joy Siena has when she hears the garage door open and she knows her daddy is coming in the door. I want to remember like Siena does that everybody in the room is important. (Not that I feel I need to go around to everyone and give them kisses and hugs and high fives and knuckles, but you get the point.) I want to have the dedication that Siena does to the things that matter to her. (Her obsession and love for Elmo and Sesame Street and Curious George is amazing...let alone her babies and puppy and books...) I want to remember as often as Siena does to pray. She truly puts me to shame. I know it sounds somewhat ridiculous and maybe overdramatic, but the point is this: I watch her and am reminded of the important things in my life. She's straightforward and to the point. She goes after the things that matter to her with her whole heart. Who couldn't use that reminder every once in a while?
We are watching a precious little human grow up right in front of us. She is 26 pounds (74th percentile) and 36 inches long (59th percentile). She's talking all the time - and most of the time about things we can understand and interact with. Sometimes combining 2 word phrases! She has her favorite things right now: Sesame Street (all the characters, especially Elmo), Curious George ("Georgie"), corn, grapes, her friends (Laney, Bryce, and Brady) and family, and music/dancing.
Another kind of funny/unique thing about her right now is the fact that she says "yeah" to most things, unlike the all too familiar "NO!" parents are usually told. It's pretty funny to hear her say that to most things! I don't know if she understands all the questions and things we ask her, but a lot of the time, she says "yeah" anyway. It makes us laugh. Now, don't get me wrong - she definitely knows the word NO and is not afraid to use it, but unless it's really something she doesn't want/like, she says "yeah"! Siena, you keep that up!!
She is still going to "Gramma" and "Bah-pa" every day, which she loves!! They teach her lots of fun songs and things over there and she loves spending time with them. It's a wonderful setup and we are truly blessed to have them in our lives, watching our precious little one. (We are blessed to have them in our lives regardless of the fact they watch Siena...but it's just an added bonus.) They love her to death and take the best care of her.
We recently started the initial stages of potty training. With the blizzard a couple weeks ago, we were home for a few days in a row. We took that opportunity of being snowed in to give it a try. The first thing we do when she wakes up is put her on her "Elmo seat". The rest of the days we were home, she ran around the house naked all day. We had plenty of "teaching moments" with wet spots on the floor, but she was successful a few times! And at least now, even if she has a diaper on or if she goes somewhere else besides the bathroom, she is aware of it and makes it known to us. It's a start. We'll see where it goes. (I promise to keep my "peepee talk" to a minimum...I just want it in here for the record.) :)
I could talk for hours about her, but here are just a few fun stories/moments of Siena in the past few weeks:
- She found a dollar bill on the floor a few weeks ago and she was looking at it real close. She was looking at the picture of the man on the front of the bill. When I asked her who she was looking at, she replied, "Opa"! (That would be my dad, who apparently to her looks like a very old revolutionary George Washington.) Funny, right?!
- She says, "Oh booyyy!" when she's excited about something. That's really funny to hear from an 18 month old...at least we think so!
- Siena was spinning around, showing a little baby how to dance. She must have spun herself one too many times because she ran head on into a stranger's leg and bounced right off...and then kept on running.
- She has learned "Itsy Bitsy Spider" with Grandma and Grandpa...and her favorite motion is "...washed the spider out!"
And here are some recent photos of our little love:
For Siena's friend Laney's birthday, I made them both little BFF shirts. Both Laney's mom and I hope that really happens in real life someday, but for now, we get to call the shots, and they're best friends! Siena does love her "Way-nee"! Aside from the shirt...more animation...

I think we experienced our first little "crush" this weekend. When Tameem got there, Siena was enamored. She was constantly trying to get his attention. She would tickle him, crawl on him, put her face right into his, sit on his lap, smile and laugh at him...she was laying it on thick! It was pretty funny to watch! She sure loved her "Tah-mee"! (She loved his girlfriend "Joo-ee" too!!)
God has blessed us more than words can express. We love our little angel with everything we got! You're doin' great, Siena! :)
2 comments:
so cute! It's great to "hear" and see how you guys are doing these days....and Siena is so adorable!
Sweet Siena is SO ADORABLE!! So glad you had some snow days to enjoy. Hugs to you!
Post a Comment