Mom and Em came to visit us is KC the weekend before our Spring Break started. I LOVE having family come in to visit, and this was no exception. They watched Siena while Matt and I finished our last day before the break. We relaxed around the house most of the weekend. Matt and I got away for a little date night on Saturday night while our live-in babysitter (Grammie) hung out with Siena. I think all parties involved were perfectly content! You know it's good when you get a little "extra spending money" to go out on a date - I think Grammie just wanted us out of the house so she could have Siena all to herself. Once again, no complaints.
Sunday after church, Siena and I hopped in the car with Em and Mom and headed back to GR. We had to leave Matt in KC to do his track coaching. We were sad to leave him but thrilled with the opportunity. Ten hours later, we arrived safely back in GR. Between Auntie Em in the backseat, a Curious "Georgie" DVD, Elmo, and plenty of snacks, we were all content and happy! Our time in GR is always wonderful...busy and always on the go...but wonderful. Siena is at such a fun stage in life right now. (Pretty sure I've said that in just about every post, but it's so true!) Siena interacts so well with other people, so it was special to watch her spend time with the family in Michigan. We tried to spend some good, quality time with Great Grams and Gramps...now that they live in GR. Those are special moments. I forget how much I love Grandma's baking! Very special, unforgettable moments at their house. Watching Siena and Grandpa play with the beenie baby animals and seeing Grandma show her books and toys that I remember playing with - it doesn't get better. Siena made herself right at home and I know she loved playing there!




On a couple days that Mom didn't have to work, we took advantage of that time and went to see other family. I wanted to make every effort to see as many people as I could - it's not everyday that I get the chance! And of course, I want Siena to know them all and love them as much as I do! :)






The rest of the week, I tried to spend as much time with my sister as possible. We of course did a little shopping, and that's where this next story comes into play. I always go to Georgie's when I'm in Michigan. It's a great little consignment shop held in a huge old house. There are always little gems in there that Em and I dig for. Well, we introduced Siena to Georgie's this time. While upstairs, Siena found a "gem" of her own. She found it all on her own (trust me, I didn't help her pick that out) and just HAD to try it on, like all good shoppers do. Proud does not do her justice - she strut her stuff all over that shop. I'll have to work on her fashion sense in the coming years...






Some "bath time" with Grammie...

A few faces of a very happy girl...


To get back to Missouri, Siena and I had to fly home. You just never know how a day of flights is going to go with a year-and-a-half old kid. The plan was to get up early, pack things up, see Pappa and Mom off to work at different times, and then relax a little before heading to the airport. Not exactly sure what I was thinking or where my head was, but I was WAY late. We cruised to the airport and got checked in. I dressed my child (who was still in her PJs) in the middle of the airport and fed her breakfast...both things that didn't happen while my head was in the clouds. Needless to say, we made the flight, hung out in Minneapolis for a little while on a layover and then flew home to Daddy.



No comments:
Post a Comment