Monday, May 14, 2012

Pregnant Review

I really love being pregnant.  It's a blessing, a miracle, and really...a joy.  However, it's true what they say: after the first experience of being pregnant, learning everything for the first time, and not having to run around after any other children...you get over the joy of being pregnant a lot faster.  Yep, I'm there. I'm healthy, feel fine, and am just truckin' along, but I'm ready to meet her.
I have been horrible at keeping track of my growing tummy this time around and haven't really written anything during my time of being pregnant.  BUT, I will recap the major highlights and show some pictures of things going on in our life...

In March, I surprised Matt with a little getaway, just the two of us.  Before life with two girls became our for real life, I thought it would be fun to do something, just us.  We went to St. Louis and had just the best time.  We felt like young, married kids.  We went to the Budweiser Brewery, we ate at great little restaurants, we went to the Delmar Loop, we got massages, we walked around and stayed up late. We stayed in a cool hotel and even met up with our friend Nicole for a drink late one night.  It was all we could have asked for in the trip.  It was the perfect getaway.  I am so thankful for that trip and it's one I will look back on fondly. (Of course, we must have been having too much fun..we hardly took any pictures.  Next time.)

As much as "touring" isn't really our thing, the Budweiser Tour was really good.  We enjoyed it.  You have to do it once in your life, right?

We ate at 360, a bar/restaurant on the top of a building where you could see all over STL.  It was great weather, great food, and super great company. :)

Our church had its first annual Daddy-Daughter Dance in honor of our wonderful pastor Joey.  It was country western theme.  Matt and Siena went for a bit...so cute.

Pappa turned 60!  We weren't able to travel (even though I wanted to get back and surprise him so bad!) because of the long trip and me being 8.5 months pregnant.  But, Pappa came to us for a short bit, and that was a real treat!  We took him out downtown for a nice dinner and Siena and I made him a cake for his birthday too. :)


At school, we had a school spirit week.  One of the days was Twin Day.  My team thought it would be cute to ALL be pregnant.  This picture just makes me laugh...

Easter was celebrated at Linda and JD's house.  All the family and kids came over.  The little ones went searching for eggs and goodies.  It was a beautiful day.  Gotta capture the Easter Dress!

Our precious family of 3...and a half! :)

A few randoms...and yet, ever so sweet:

Siena came up to school during my last week (before having Livvy!) to see the baby chicks that hatched in the 1st grade hallway.  It didn't seem all that long ago that we were doing this same thing...a YEAR ago!!  Wow.

We went to the zoo a couple weeks before I was due.  Just trying to fit in things with Siena before Livvy arrived.  Nothing like trying to walk the baby out!  The zoo is huge and it was SO hot that day.  But it sure was fun! :)

The best animal at the zoo - Nakita!!


May 12, our dear cousins Marcus and Jodie got married!  They asked Matt and Siena to both be in the wedding.  Obviously, it was all depending on if Livvy came early or not.  I wanted to be there so bad, but since she didn't come early, Matt and Siena flew to GR the 4 days before my due date.  Siena was a super-precious flower girl and Matt a groomsman.  From what I hear, the wedding was beautiful and everything went smooth!  And ME?  Well, I sat on the couch and didn't move much.  Livvy was NOT coming out while they were gone!  Thanks for staying curled up there, Livvy!



Mother's Day, 2012!  In just a few days...I get to meet the other little one who will make me a Momma!  Best gift ever.  Love my girls.


In preparation for Livvy, there wasn't much to do in her room!  Siena moved to her big girl bed and new room.  Livvy got the baby room (with new letters).  We put the crib back in there and got a little extra help from Siena.  She also thought it would be a good idea to "test" the crib for her sister - make sure it was comfy.  I think it passed the test! :)


And now we wait for Livvy...

No comments: