After we got back home to KC, I went and had blood drawn to confirm our 5 home tests! HA! The doctor called back with the confirmation that YES, I was in fact pregnant! However, she also said that the count in my blood was quite high and we should come in to the doctor to check out for the possibility of multiples. Matt and I laughed at the thought of having a bunch of babies inside, but knew deep down it was a strong possibility...and we were thrilled at that possibility. Monday, December 8, we went in to the doctor's office to have an internal ultrasound to check out what we were working with. Long story short, there were THREE little sacs just staring at us on the screen. I started laughing out loud (because I didn't know what else to do) and Matt and I just looked at each other - we were about to have TRIPLETS!!! We couldn't believe it! That being said, we were both so excited! Throughout this entire process, we have felt so strongly that we were doing what God wanted us to do. We never felt like we should stop the process and look at other options. So, this was just the next step - and it's obviously what God wanted for us...so we said, "Bring it on!"

There were 2 larger "jellybeans" and 1 smaller "jellybean" on the ultrasound. Our doctor said we need to keep an eye on the smaller one (on the far right) to see what he does. It could have just been the position of the sac or it could be that the next time we went to the doctor's office, he would have disappeared and not developed into a fetus. We scheduled another appointment for 1 week later to check them all out! Aren't they the cutest things you've ever seen?!
That week we prayed hard for that little one to hang on and catch up with his brothers or sisters. We were thrilled with the idea of triplets and we didn't want to loose that one, even if it was just a couple of weeks old. We told our close friends and family and this point, but decided to wait to tell the world until we heard heart beats...
Boy, were we in for a treat...
No comments:
Post a Comment