Blurs were flashing across the screen, and I didn't have a clue what I was looking at at that point. After a minute, the doctor let out a loud belly laugh! Matt and I looked at each other and said, "What does THAT mean?!" So, the doctor started explaining...
The small little jellybean we were concerned about the previous week (and praying for all the time) didn't make it and wasn't going to develop into a fetus...nothing funny about that, so we figured we were in for more. However, one of the big sacs decided to split into IDENTICAL TWINS! So, in other words, the doctor told us we were going to have triplets still - one set of identical twins and a third one flying solo. Trust me, the doctor had to explain this to me multiple times...I just wasn't comprehending. So now instead of 3 individual sacs, I only have 2 sacs. However, one of those sacs contains TWO fetuses, creating the identical twins!
The doctor looked at us and said, "Wow, it's been a LONG time (if ever) since I've seen this one! You were meant to have triplets!!" We couldn't have agreed more!!
Oh, and maybe most importantly...after we straightened out all the confusion of what I had in the "oven", we got to hear THREE HEARTBEATS! That was music to our souls! It was the coolest thing ever - he put the curser over each one of the fetuses and we heard a fast, miraculous thumping coming from all three babies!! We are really having triplets!! Praise the LORD for this miracle...or should I say, these three miracles!Here are our "family pictures" so far...
Below is the ultrasound picture of the identical twins. You can see the 2 little circles in the one sac. That's them! I can tell they are going to be best friends already! HA!
This next picture is of the third triplet - the one flying solo! I bet he or she is loving life right now...it has the whole sac to itself! It better not get used to that...the second it comes out into the real world, it's going to be a drastic change!!
The next three pictures are of the heartbeats!! Underneath each picture, you can see the wavy line - that is their precious little heart, beating like crazy!!
9 comments:
I think that you three are the cutest and most precious little blobs that I have ever seen. We are so excited to watch you all grow up and make your mommy huge! :-) Praying a for strong and healthy development and lots of room to kick and squirm. Love you three!
Amanda, Rusty, and Bryce
I can already see their dark crazy hair they're going to have! We are so thrilled to be walking step by step with you guys in this journey! I am secretly hoping for at least one girl (sorry Matt) for Bella's sake! We need more girls in the nursery! :)
We love all FIVE (WOW) of you!
Vanessa, Brandon, and Bella
Matt and Adri!! AMAZING! When Meg told me I was just in shock and soo incredibly happy for you guys! It really couldn't happen to two better people! Triplets...wow. I will be praying for an easy and healthy pregnancy and an even safer delivery! What an amazing time for you guys and it's only going to get better(and crazier!:) )Congratulations!!!
Adri and Matt, We are SO EXCITED for you! We're praying for a great pregnancy for you Adri, ....you guys are going to be GREAT parents!!! We're excited to follow your blog....what a GREAT idea!!!
What amazing pictures! We are so excited for you guys!
Emily
Matt and Adri,
We just heard your wonderful news. We are so very happy and excited for you! What an amazing blessing!
Congratulations,
Bill and Kyle Beyer
Matt & Adri - Well I guess it's okay that you don't play in the volleyball league this time around. You have a GREAT excuse! We will be anxiously awaiting your return after you have these THREE precious little ones. WOW do you all have your hands full!
We are so excited for the two of your and your growing family. We'll be praying for each of those little jelly beans and for a healthy pregnancy. By-the-way, I heard you all went out and bought a minivan, love it!!
The Barges - Jared, Janelle and Abbi
What a blessing to be able to share this time with you over the Christmas holiday. Happy New Year and may God wrap His loving arms around you during this incredible time. We love you. See ya soon, I'm sure. mom and Peter
I am beyond excited for your family!!! Isn't God just totally amazing!!! Tara told me about your blog and I immediately checked it out. I read the entire thing and laughed and cried!!! How amazing! 3 BABIES!!! Yes, God is awesome!
Felicia
Post a Comment