Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Out of Town Visitors!!

I must admit, it's sometimes a little difficult living far away from family. I never really had any problems with it...until little Miss Siena came along. It's hard to not be able to share her with my family all the time. Sometimes pictures just aren't enough. That's why this past weekend was so special...
Friday night, my mom and four of my cousins came into town for the weekend to meet Siena (and see us, of course)! It was such a treat! Briana, Heather, Marc, and Kari are all in college up in Grand Rapids and decided to give up a free weekend and cram into my mom's car and come down here to see us! I can't tell you how excited I was and how special it was to have them here.
I wanted to make the most of the weekend, so on Saturday, we had lots of fun doing "fall stuff". Aside from holding and playing with Siena, we went out and got pumpkins and carved them on the kitchen floor. They turned out great! And maybe the best part about that was the pumpkin seeds we cooked up. They were super delicious!! Later that evening, we all made homemade pizzas. Apparently we have a "closet pizza maker" in the family - Briana made the most perfect looking homemade pizza ever! It looked like a Dijorno's Pizza that came out of the box! To top the evening off, we had hot apple cider and apple blueberry pie while playing Speed Scrabble and watching football - does it get better than that?! Sunday, we got up and all went to church and then had lunch at Chipotle. After that, they had to leave already to go back home. I couldn't have them skipping MORE classes! A short but very sweet trip. Siena loved the company and so did I! It'll be great to look back at pictures and see my family here with Siena when she was only 2 months old. :)
THANK YOU guys for coming down to visit! I know we all run very busy lives but it was such a treat for you to give up some of your time and drive down to see us. It really meant a lot to me...and Siena can't stop talking about you guys! :) We look forward to seeing you again for the holidays. Love you guys!!!




2 comments:

Jack said...

I like the pic with Siena next to all of the pumpkins that's just soooooooooooo cute!

Your friend,
Jack

peteranddebi said...

10 and a half hours on the road is totally worth it when Siena's smile is at the end of it. It was a great weekend. love mom