The day started out great because Siena and I met some dear friends from school for breakfast before they went to work. It is always wonderful getting together with them - and Siena loves to see them too. She ate breakfast with us and then snoozed in their arms...a perfect way to start out the morning.
Then, I rushed home, fed Siena (again), and was picked up to head out to the pumpkin patch. It was a cold day on Friday, so I grabbed a few blankets, a little hooded coat for Siena, and of course, my favorite thing...Siena's pouch. This particular pumpkin patch was quite a ways away, but it was well worth the drive. The pumpkin patch was on a little farm - there were horses and goats and geese...SO fun for kids! We took a hay ride to the patch and then there were all kinds of fall fun games for little kids to play. Siena slept in her pouch, all snuggled up close to me. The entire time I watched little ones playing and running around, I just pictured Siena doing the same thing in the coming years. It brought tears to my eyes just thinking about it...or maybe that was just the cold wind making my eyes water. :) The other kids that we went with had a ball! They were running through mazes, playing corn games, skeetball, shooting hoops, climbing hay bails...and of course, searching for the PERFECT pumpkin in the patch! Siena got her first pumpkin too...a perfect, small, bright orange pumpkin! What a great experience...mostly for me, but it will be fun to tell Siena about it someday - her first experience with pumpkins. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment