There are a million things I could say to follow up the title of this blog. God has richly blessed our family. I look at my sweet baby girl every morning and get teary-eyed sometimes...we are so blessed. I kiss my husband on his way out the door every morning and smile, knowing I have a partner for life. God is good. Here's another reason why...
Before Siena came into our lives, the plan was always set for me to go back to work after having the first year off with her. That was the plan, and I was good with it. Then Siena was born. That changed everything. I didn't think I was going to be able to leave her and go back to work. I craved the time we spent together every day. I missed her when I wasn't around her. In my head, I struggled with the idea of going back to work. I knew that if I HAD to go back to work, I would need the perfect opportunity, the perfect team, the perfect place to go back and teach. My prayer for about 6 months was to make it very clear what I needed to do...as a mother and for my family. After looking at our financial situation, it really looked like it was going to be best for our family if I went back to work. (Our decision for me to stay home with Siena for this year was one of the best decisions I ever made.) I think because that didn't really give me a choice, I very quickly became okay with it. God totally changed my heart and showed me that maybe I'm not cut out to be a stay-at-home mom and that going back into the classroom was an exciting thing to think about. So, that's when that prayer for the perfect opportunity came right back into play. Again, God totally blessed that.
I will be teaching 3rd grade (again...and I LOVE that!) at Thomas Ultican Elementary. There are a lot of reasons why that is perfect. I have a couple friends that teach there, one being my future "teammate" in 3rd grade. She assured me that I was going to LOVE my new team...great girls to work with! I hear nothing but really great things about the principal, which is huge. TUE just had a whole bunch of renovation and work done on its building to make it look beautiful. It's a north school, meaning that someday, Matt will teach the kids that I had in 3rd grade. How fun will that be!? It's an early school, meaning I get out of school a little earlier, which is always nice. In other words, the perfect spot. A complete answered prayer.
That all being said, FSE was a wonderful home for 3 years. I had students who I will never forget, friends I will continue to have for a long time, a principal who was nothing but supportive and wonderful, and memories that will make me laugh for a very long time.
So, long story short, I have a wonderfully funny and amazing husband, a daughter who is pure joy and contentment, and now a job that I am excited to go back to. God is good.
PS. Check out our church's blog. Some AMAZING stories of mercy and what people are doing in the community for one another. Speaking of God being good...
gwcbs.blogspot.com
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment