Thursday, March 18, 2010

Green.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
It's holidays like these (among other things, of course) that make me miss teaching. Outside of elementary schools and the Irish bars, St. Patrick's Day just isn't that big a deal! I bet Matt that if he didn't wear green to work, someone - a student or another teacher - would pinch him or make some comment about it. I lost the bet!! :)
Since I can't feed Siena green eggs or green beer yet, we decided to be festive and eat some green peas. She's not a fan of the peas, so it was more of a "choke them down with some sweet potatoes" rather than a fun, St. Paddy's Day experience. She makes some really great faces though, and that makes it all worth it...for me, at least!


After eating peas for lunch, I decided to gather all the green toys and stuff that Siena owns into the living room. She has a lot of green things!! She's not very picky when it comes to which toys to play with, so she enjoyed the smorgasbord of toys to pick and choose from. I had fun trying to set all the toys up to take a picture...while Siena enjoyed messing them all up and knocking things down before I could capture the moment. We're a good team. :)
It was a good day. Even though the excitement for the day was not matched by a classroom full of 9-year-olds, it was a first experience for Siena...and that makes it fun. Matt and I were even able to "cheers" a green beer after Siena went to bed - even if we didn't go out to the bar, we can still celebrate, right?




1 comment:

Sharon and Robert said...

What a Cuttie Pie. Even though she is wearing green I still want to pinch those cheeks!!!!! Love, hugs and kisses Grandma Marble