Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Sleepover

Siena and one of her best buddies, Brady, got to spend a lot of time together the past few days. Rusty and Amanda left town for a few days and we got to watch Brady! Brady and Siena have grown up together...all 7 months of their lives. :) Amanda had Brady one day after I had Siena. Since then, they have had no choice but to hang out together!
We had a lot of fun! They are both on such similar schedules. The only time that got a little tricky is when they were both due for a little food. They weren't very patient with one person trying to feed them both. :) But watching them play together was fun. They both liked the same toys at the same time. When one would pick up a toy, the other one wanted that toy too. I didn't think that started so soon!! Brady loved Siena's hair...and wasn't afraid to pull it! Siena didn't seem to mind, so I took the opportunity to snap a few pictures. Bad mom moment? Brady was a trooper and handled the new environment very well.
On Saturday, we got to watch Bryce, Brady's older brother, too. He's at such a fun age and Matt and Bryce love to play around together. All would have been great and fine...except we got a call from our realtor that they were going to show our house in an hour and a half and we needed to be out. Normally, no problem. With 3 kids and a "kid trashed" house, we had our work cut out for us. First off, we had to find a car seat for Bryce to use so he could be in the car with us when we finally got out of the house. Emily saved us on that one! I had to feed both the babies and occupy Bryce while Matt threw toys and blankets and stuff in the van, just to get it out of the house. We had to vacuum and spruce up while the little ones wanted nothing to do with any of that. And to add a little more laughter to the picture, while trying to get them all in the car, I find Bryce covered in vaseline from Siena's room! I had to just stop and laugh! We were a complete circus! And if you can't laugh at it, well, I just chose to laugh. The plan was to drive to Rusty and Amanda's house and let the kids play there while we waited for the showing to finish. About 10 minutes in the car, and all 3 were zonked out. Smart parent move: keep driving!! We ran a couple errands, ate a little lunch, and then finally back to our house - all while the 3 little ones slept.
A really great weekend. Bryce and Brady are such special boys and we love them a lot. Siena's got her work cut out for her trying to keep up with them!! :)

Brady and Siena love playing together!





"If that's the toy you're playing with, that's the one I want..."



"Fine, if I don't get the toy, I'll just play with your hair!"


"And if you pull my hair, I'll tweek your piggies!"


Off for a walk in the beautiful spring weather!



Gotta love bath time!

No comments: