Sunday, September 4, 2011

Getting Outside!

Now that school has started and we don't get to spend every day together, we all try really hard to make the best of our time together. I don't mean to say that we didn't before or that we do all these crazy things now, but we just try to be intensional with our time and do things together instead of wasting days and time together. The end of the summer ended on a HOT note, so outside stuff has been hard to do. But a few rare occasions as of late have allowed us to get outside and really enjoy it!
Last weekend, Siena and I went down to City Market. We just needed to get out of the house. So, while Matt was at football meetings, Siena and I took a drive downtown. We really had a lot of fun! We bought some basil (for pesto - yum!!), peaches, and a few veggies. We walked around and looked at all the stuff...and sat down to enjoy the weather. It was pretty warm, so we needed to stop for a drink and a little snack. While doing that, I had a impromptu photo shoot. Caught some really cute photos of Siena...and a few of her many faces.








On our way out, we walked by a little train that pulled kids around the market. Had to stop. Too cute not too. And now that Siena is getting to the age where SHE wants to do these things, it was a well-spent $2.00. Oh, she loved it! She was the caboose and she had a smile on her face the entire time. It was precious. I was a proud Momma, watching from afar. It's funny how quickly that happens - 5 minutes ago it seemed I had to be by her all the time, helping her with everything. Now, off she goes on a train ride, waving to me as she passes by, all the while saying, "...see you in a little bit, Momma..." Sheesh.







Then, this weekend was quite a treat weather-wise! Today was like 7o and sunny! I think everyone was out of their houses, enjoying the ability to be out of the house and not sweat to death! Just a couple days ago it was over 100! But hey, it's not worth trying to figure out. We just enjoyed it. After dinner, Siena wanted to go to the park, so off we went! Again, the last time we went to this park, we were helping her onto everything, showing her how to do things...and now, I mostly sat by and watched her climb and slide! Again, she loved being outside and loved her independence. She is a very "...I do it like a big girl..." kind of girl. You know what, I'll take it. She's doing great. And I love to be along on her adventure!







No comments: