As a parent, there are probably a million things we find funny when raising a child. And usually, those are the very things that no one else gets...let alone finds funny. I get that - and am fully aware. However, for my own record, I just have to write some of these things down. My memory is not my strongest quality (by far) and I know that before I know it, these memories with fade with the new things I'm sure she'll come up with. So...bear with me. But take it from me, these stories in person are really great.
So, my last post was about potty training, and I said I wouldn't talk much more about it, but this is hilarious. When Siena has to go #2, we go into the bathroom and I sit her down. She looks at me and says, "Momma, I need my 'privacies!'" I answer with a dumbfounded, "You need your privacy?" "Yes, get out of the bathroom, please!". What else is a mother to do in that situation...get out of the bathroom! Not two seconds later, when I think she is going to want me back in there, she says, "Momma, I need a book!". Yes, this situation really happened. And it happens every time she has to go. Go with it, right? Take this to the next level now. We are at a football game and in a public bathroom. She says the same thing to me, which I have to inform her that I am not going to leave her in the stall by herself. So, she tells me to turn around!! Whose kid is this?! There I sit, in the corner of the stall, turned around so that I can't watch my two-year-old go to the bathroom. And then she tells me that she's trying not to fall into the big potty. Seriously. To be a stranger in the stall next to us. I can't make stuff up this good. That's a classic.
Another fun thing these days is our Thursday nights. Thursday night the "boys come over". Matt's position players come over for spaghetti and meatballs every Thursday. Siena has come to look forward to these dinners. She loves those boys! The boys are really good with her and give her the attention she so needs from these really cool boys. So, as the season has gone along, she now knows their names, asks about them all week, and cheers for them at the games. In fact, one particular game, she looked at me and said, "Momma, I love Dante.". This was a huge surprise to me as I didn't know she knew to love anyone else other than her Momma and Daddy! I told her that she better not tell her Daddy that after the game (knowing full well that she would...or I would for her). So, when she told Matt after the game, he cleverly said, "You can only love Daddy and Grandpa. Not Donte.". So, from the on, she said, "I like Donte, I no love Donte." Out of the mouth of babes. Yes, it's cute now. When we're reading these posts 10 years from now, and she's saying the same thing, maybe not so funny. :)
Love that girl...and her antics!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment