Friday, January 15, 2010

New Discoveries...

Siena is becoming more and more aware of her surroundings and is doing so much more by herself and with her toys. It's so fun to be in the other room and hear her chatting away to her monkey or squealing at her ball or ring or giraffe...you name it, she talks to it! It's just the best sound ever...to hear your little one talk, giggle, coo...melts your heart.
After the Christmas tree was taken out of the living room, we replaced it with Siena's exersaucer. The living room isn't very big and Siena's stuff is overtaking our house! We have to introduce new stuff in shifts...otherwise we wouldn't be able to walk anywhere! The exersaucer makes all kinds of noises - it's already teaching her her ABCs and jazz and salsa. It has a play microphone on it and every time Siena grabs it to put it in her mouth, it says, "Sing it, baby!" It cracks me up when I hear that...
I caught her laughing and smiling away the other day - here's a few darling little pictures...




She also loves to look at her reflection in the mirror. If I am getting ready in the morning, I'll lay her on the bed and she just stares at herself and at me in the mirror. It's cute. When she gets out of the bath, I'll stand her up in the bathroom and she giggles at herself in the mirror. There's also a mirror on her little play mat in the living room. This afternoon I came into the room to find her wrapped around the mirror, trying to put her reflection in her mouth! I guess she wanted to give herself kisses. :) I love to see her pretty little face...and I guess she does too! Can't blame her! :)

No comments: