Siena is doing all kinds of fun things these days. She is quite the chatterbox, for sure! She is not quiet about it either. She loves to say, "Da, da, da..." (that was inevitable - she loves her daddy!) and "Go, go, go..." and "Ba, ba, ba...". She has lots of other sounds too. She has her "chew-backa" sounds (a weird sort or gurgling in the back of her throat) and her "ah-ah-ah-ah" sound. She tries to whistle and sometimes, she just makes really loud noises, simply to hear herself, I think.
Siena is also waving. She gets her whole body into it when she waves! Her legs get to moving and her arms and shoulders bounce up and down. But she really is intentional about her waves. We were sitting outside on the front steps and she waved at cars as they passed by! She also loves to wave to people. Who doesn't love an innocent wave from a baby?!
She is also very mobile. She sits up with no problems at all. She now can "gracefully" transition from sitting up to laying on her tummy. Just recently, she has also learned to scoot around. She gets up on all 4 and does some major rocking! She's "getting her engines ready!" But, to move around, she does the "injured army crawl" - lots of upper body strength to carry her weight around! She's not officially crawling, but that doesn't seem far off in the distance. And she can definitely get where she wants to go - even if it's not quite as fast as she would like. :)
She's eating all sorts of foods too. She's a huge fan of pears. On the other hand, asparagus seriously cleans her system out (to put it politely) and I don't think I will be feeding those to her again in the very near future. She's a great eater and for the most part, eats whatever I put on the spoon. She's nibbling on some puff cereal bits, which she likes to play with just as much as eat. I will have to say, I look forward to the day when she can eat with us and eat the things we do. It will be way more fun for her too! But for now, I'll continue to cook up, steam, roast, and puree her food! :)
We have truly been blessed with a really content, happy baby. She is smiling all the time (and making us smile) and really goes with the flow pretty well. She loves to be outside. She has found a new love - sitting in the shopping cart without her car seat...total freedom! She loves to bounce and jump and hop around. She loves to stand up. She loves music - especially on Sunday mornings during worship. She loves to "clean up the carpet" by finding every little speck of dirt or lint and meticulously picking it up with her 2 fingers. She loves to try and scratch my freckles and moles off my skin. She loves to swing. She loves to play peek-a-boo. She loves to "read" her books that have different textures and colors. She loves her mommy and daddy - a bit of a stage that makes it difficult for us to leave her in the nursery or with a friend. :)
As a mom, I am so proud of her. I love spending time with Siena. I love watching her grow and learn and discover new things. She totally slows my pace of life down and forces me to enjoy the simple pleasures in life. God is constantly teaching me about patience, confidence, understanding, beauty, and what's really important in life. She is a blessing and I am so thankful she is a part of our family.
Swinging and playing outside! (So excited that it's spring now and weather is so nice!!)
A new toy that Siena is learning to love! :)
1 comment:
she looks poised to become very mobile very soon. I also see her teeth peeking out. one milestone after another. love it. mom
Post a Comment