Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Life at Home...

Now that Siena is mobile, I think the curiosity gets kicked up about 100 notches. I can't blame her - after laying around and not being able to move from where she was placed, I'd be all over the place too, looking at and doing what I wanted to do! :) It's really fun to watch her entertain herself and find new things to play with. Or even just moving from her different toys to try out something new. She's very daring - not afraid to pull herself up or move quickly. The independence is soaring! (I have a feeling we're just scratching the surface on the whole independence thing.) These pictures are a few things that keep us busy throughout the day...

Matt got to come home for lunch the other day. Siena was thrilled to be able to "hang out" with her daddy during the day!




I attempted to put a ponytail in Siena's hair. There are parts that are definitely long enough (and others that aren't)! I think we'll wait on that for a couple reasons: a). she's not a fan at all of getting that done to her hair, and b). it looks sort of ridiculous at this point.



In our hallway, Siena found a couple of very interesting new things.



The bathroom is the new hang out spot. I don't know if it's the slate tile floor, the reminder of the bath (which she loves), or the simple fact that it's different from the living room and she can show off her crawling moves to get there. Either way, there are lots of fun things to investigate! (The slight germ-o-phob inside me was screaming the entire time!)




Ever since Siena started crawling, she also started sitting on her knees. I think it's really cute. That, and it reminds me that I'm getting older, because if I did that as long as she did, both my legs would be sleeping and I wouldn't be able to get up without assistance. :)



It finally got nice outside again, and I decided to try out our other stroller on a walk around the neighborhood. I think it's fair to assume that not only does Siena find it quite comfortable, but she is also going to take after her momma and be able to sleep anywhere, anyway. Siena, it's a blessing - trust me! :)



At times, Siena is becoming a night owl. I think she just doesn't want to miss any of the action! The other night, it was probably an hour after her normal bedtime, and here she was, playing with the bee, content and happy as ever!

1 comment:

Johnsons said...

I love keeping up with you guys through your blog! Sienna is up to so much these days!