Sunday, May 9, 2010

Dear Siena,

I love you.
Today was a very special day for me...my very first Mother's Day. Last Mother's Day, I got to feel you squirming around in my tummy. But today, I got to hold you, kiss you, and look at your sweet face and see you smile.
Siena, I have prayed for you for a very long time. You are an answer to my prayers. Daddy's too. God blessed us by allowing us to be your parents. I promise to do my very best as your momma and love you unconditionally. I promise to hold you when you hurt, kiss you when you're sad, hug you when you're happy, and most of all, love you forever.
Today, you and Daddy made me feel very special. Thanks for helping Daddy make me breakfast! I love omelets. And wasn't it fun to sit in my new "throne"? The red lounge chair will be so fun to sit in this summer! Siena, I must say, you and Daddy did a fantastic job on my shadow box. I'll always be able to look at the little outfit you came home from the hospital in. I'll always be able to see your darling little footprint from when you were first born. Momma's bracelet reminds me of when I was in the hospital...so excited to meet you! You're right - the very first time I met you, I knew God's timing was perfect. That shadow box is something I'll treasure forever. Thanks for helping Daddy with that...I'm sure you gave him all the suggestions.
So, on this very perfect, very first Mother's Day, I just want to say thank you. Thank you for making me the luckiest girl in the world. I have a darling daughter that I adore and a husband that I love more completely than ever before. Siena, you're beautiful in every way possible. You are a child of God and a child of mine. I love you forever.
Love always,
Momma

The best little human to wake up to...!


My precious little angel.


No comments: